So what are the techniques that you should use to maximize your handmade site.
1. Title tags should be written using your primary keyword word phase. Even if your domain name does not match your keyword phase you can make up for it in your main title. This main title would be encased in the following tages <H1>your primary keyword here</H1>.
2. Name your images with relevant word phases that match your website and the image itself. Image1.gif, image2 does nothing to help your site or your craft items. With good keyword phases for your images you could find your images coming up in the search engines image searches which is another way for traffic to come to your site.
Also follow through by placing relevant word phases in the Alt tags. Alt tags are there for people who hover over the image or for those that have text browsers. With text browsers the images do not get shown in the web browser, and it is the Alt tags word phases that lets the users know what the image is about. The rule in Alt tags is fairly simple: only key phrases or key words should be put in Alt tags and don’t overdo it. Don’t under estimate the power of an image and a image file-name.
3. Manage keyword density. Keyword density is how often you use your keywords or keyword phrases in a web page. Ideally, keywords are used once in the title, the heading and sub title. You should use your keywords to every 2nd paragraph of text. Plus your content should read correctly, by over using your keyword phases you run the risk of making your content unreadable. Write naturally and your keywords will automatically drop in naturally.
4. Your content should be created as often as possible, ideally this will be on your craft blog that is your extended voice of your craft business site.
5. Don’t over complicate your site and blog when is comes to design and appearance. Simple and clear is always more effective. Design for your viewers being able to get to where they want to in no more than 2 clicks.
Over to you:
Have you been to a site that had something that really put you off using it? Or did the site make you get confused in some way?
Share it all here..